If you’ve been anywhere near the news recently, you know that AI and ChatGPT is one of the hottest topics. But what does AI really mean? How will ChatGPT impact your industry? And how does someone develop an “AI-first” company?
Our guest this week is the perfect person to answer all those questions. Jacob Colker is a Managing Director at the AI2 Incubator, a one-of-a-kind place to build an AI-first company at the (Microsoft Cofounder) Paul Allen Institute for AI.
Listen to the full conversation for more on where AI innovation is headed, how Jacob’s incubator helps AI-first companies develop and grow, the importance of customer feedback in building a successful AI company, and more.
Here’s a Glimpse of What You’ll Learn:
- More about Jacob’s incubator for “AI-first” companies, plus what makes it different from other startup incubators out there
- How customer feedback is integrated into the process by which Jacob’s incubator chooses companies to work with
- What AI is at its core, plus what “generative AI” is
- Historical trends around AI, and what it says about what could be on the horizon
- What companies should be looking out for, as AI and other technology continues to innovate
- The difference between “and” and “or” — and what that says about the messaging around AI
- How Jacob and his incubator measure success with their companies, and why 80% of those metrics fall under the standard VC umbrella, and why 20% is “impact”
- The habits Jacob has integrated to be at his best at work every day, and what it means to him to be “one spoke in a wheel”
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- AI2 Incubator website
- Jacob Colker on LinkedIn
- Ben’s Bites newsletter
- 40 Strategy
- Contact 40 Strategy
- Carl J. Cox on LinkedIn
Leave A Comment